Philadelphia Futures is a nonprofit organization that provides Philadelphia’s low-income, first-generation-to-college students with the tools, resources and opportunities necessary for admission to and success in college and career success. We transform lives by breaking down the barriers that have historically excluded low-income, first-generation-to-college students from achieving college and career success. The students Philadelphia Futures serves are provided with a comprehensive, time-tested array of programs designed to reduce the institutional, academic, social and financial barriers to college success.
We are currently seeking an Events Manager to join our team. This position will provide project and logistical management for a wide range of in-house and external events including conferences, fundraisers, stewardship and cultivation dinners, and graduation for Philadelphia Futures constituents including students, families, volunteers, partners, donors, board of directors, employees and/or alumni.
Significant responsibilities of this position include:
- Provide event planning, design and implementation while proactively managing all project delivery elements within time and cost constraints.
- Develop and document project plans to organize event components including tasks, deliverables, resources, costs, deadlines and accountabilities.
- Lead project team meetings and document progress and issues.
- Identify staff requirements and coordinate their activities.
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on event day.
- Contract and manage vendors during all stages of planning process for all events.
- Conduct pre-and post-event evaluations and report on outcomes.
- Work with Director of Communications to create event communications timelines and promotional and event materials, including invitations, social media posts, videos, etc.
- Conduct market research, gather information and negotiate contracts prior to making commitments.
The successful candidate for this position will possess the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of three years demonstrated experience in event planning or related field is preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently keeping close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Commitment to Philadelphia Futures’ Core Values (High Expectations, Focus and Adaptability, Respect, Accountability, Collaboration).
- Passion for working with low-income, first-generation to college students
This is a full-time, exempt position and offers a competitive compensation/benefits package based on experience. This position reports to the Director of Finance and Administration. Occasional evening and weekend hours required.
To apply, please visit: https://forms.gle/SKDRk5eSQMSMQSNU8
For more information on Philadelphia Futures, visit our website: http://www.philadelphiafutures.org
Philadelphia Futures is deeply committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusiveness. Philadelphia Futures is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.