Philadelphia Futures is a nonprofit organization that provides Philadelphia’s low-income, first-generation-to-college students with the tools, resources, and opportunities necessary for admission to and success in college. We transform lives by breaking down the barriers that have historically excluded low-income, first-generation-to-college students from achieving college success. The students Philadelphia Futures serves are provided with a comprehensive, time-tested array of programs designed to reduce the institutional, academic, social and financial barriers to college success.
We are currently seeking a Program Assistant to join our team. This position will provide administrative and logistical support to the Office of College Access, as well as general office support for the organization.
- Greet visitors at Reception and provide basic inquiry support.
- Provide effective scheduling and calendar support for program activities, and coordinate student and staff appointments calendars.
- Assist with the delivery of programs and content.
- Coordinate and provide comprehensive administrative support for after school programming including tutoring, classes, college trips, and clubs.
- Coordinate material preparation, transportation pass distribution and set-up for classes, programs, and other events.
- Maintain records of student participation.
- Support and administer use of Google Classroom for our after school programs, including technical support, gradebook management and attendance record keeping.
- Assist with the design and production of program communications.
- Coordinate and execute program mailings.
- Support distribution of organizational publications.
- Assist with room scheduling, clean up, and set up of audio-visual equipment when needed.
- Assist with errands, program purchases, and other general office support.
- Manage inventory of program supplies, in conjunction with administrative support team.
- Manage inventory of general use laptops for the organization.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong organizational, computer, and communication skills. Great attention to detail.
- At least two years of experience in a professional office environment. Working in an environment with students is preferred.
- Experience in an administrative/operational support role.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Detailed and strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and G Suite; experience in ETO and Google Classroom is highly desirable.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers.
- Ability to complete tasks in an efficient and time sensitive manner.
- Interest in identifying efficiencies in current methods of work operation.
- Commitment to Philadelphia Futures’ Core Values (High Expectations, Focus, Respect, Adaptability, Accountability, Collaboration).
- Professional, proactive and positive attitude.
- Passion for working with first-generation-to-college, low-income students.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position and offers a competitive compensation/benefits package based on experience. This position reports to the Director of College Access. Occasional evening and weekend hours required.
To apply, please visit: https://forms.gle/xRqY6EWGdevf7dph6
For more information on Philadelphia Futures, visit our website: https://www.philadelphiafutures.org
Philadelphia Futures is deeply committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusiveness. Philadelphia Futures is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.