Philadelphia Futures is a nonprofit organization that provides Philadelphia’s low-income, first-generation-to-college students with the tools, resources and opportunities necessary for admission to and success in college and career success. We transform lives by breaking down the barriers that have historically excluded low-income, first-generation-to-college students from achieving college and career success. The students Philadelphia Futures serves are provided with a comprehensive, time-tested array of programs designed to reduce the institutional, academic, social and financial barriers to college success.
We are currently seeking a Program Assistant to join our team. This position will provide administrative and logistical support to the Office of College Success, as well as general office support for the organization.
- Greet visitors at Reception and provide basic inquiry support.
- Provide effective scheduling and calendar support for program activities, and coordinate student and staff appointment calendars.
- Assist with the delivery of programs and content.
- Coordinate material preparation and set-up for classes, programs and other events.
- Maintain records of student participation.
- Assist with the design and production of program communications, including social media.
- Coordinate program mailings.
- Support distribution of organizational publications.
- Coordinate conference room scheduling and set up audio-visual equipment.
- Assist with errands, program purchases and other office support.
- Manage inventory of program supplies.
- Database entry and maintenance of student records in ETO (student database)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least two years of experience in a professional office environment working with students.
- Experience in an administrative/operational support role.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Strong organizational, computer, and communication skills.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in Google Suite, Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word and PowerPoint). Experience with ETO (Efforts to Outcomes) is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage social media accounts, including developing relevant content.
- Commitment to Philadelphia Futures’ Core Values (High Expectations, Focus, Respect, Adaptability, Accountability, Collaboration).
- Professionalism and positive attitude.
- Passion for working with first-generation-to-college, low-income students.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position and offers a competitive compensation/benefits package based on experience. This position reports to the Director of College Success. Occasional evening and weekend hours required.
To apply, please visit: https://forms.gle/xRqY6EWGdevf7dph6
For more information on Philadelphia Futures, visit our website: http://www.philadelphiafutures.org
Philadelphia Futures is deeply committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusiveness. Philadelphia Futures is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.