Philadelphia Futures is a nonprofit organization that provides Philadelphia’s low-income, first-generation-to-college students with the tools, resources, and opportunities necessary for admission to and success in college and career success. We transform lives by breaking down the barriers that have historically excluded low-income, first-generation-to-college students from achieving college and career success. The students Philadelphia Futures serves are provided with a comprehensive, time-tested array of programs designed to reduce the institutional, academic, social, and financial barriers to college success.
We are currently seeking to hire the Outreach and Engagement Director at Philadelphia Futures, a college access and success program for high achieving low-income, first-generation-to-college students. This position will serve as the leader for Philadelphia Futures’ outreach and communications to the community to recruit and engage students, volunteers, donors and partners, and to offer customized programming, workshops, and resources to assist students as they navigate the entirety of the college admission, financial aid, and matriculation processes.
The ideal candidate will be a proven leader who is committed to Philadelphia Futures’ mission and the community Philadelphia Futures serves.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead the Outreach and Engagement team, including the Outreach and Engagement Administrator, Director of Volunteers, and Director of Communications.
- Direct the Outreach Futures initiative, which engages students, families, guidance counselors, educators, and other youth-serving professional to support students’ college aspirations.
- Solicit, plan, and implement a regular calendar of professional development programs and student workshops to further organization mission.
- Identify, train, and steward a network of personnel within the PF staff and larger community to serve as ambassadors and facilitators for training and outreach opportunities.
- Develop and continually improve training materials for use in workshops and information sessions.
- Oversee the student recruitment process for Philadelphia Futures direct service programs – including developing and implementing effective recruitment strategies, assist with reviewing applications, and participate in admission committee.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive volunteer engagement and stewardship strategy at Philadelphia Futures, in conjunction with the Director of Volunteers.
- Supervise the Director of Communications, ensuring implementation of a communications strategy that consistently and effectively articulates Philadelphia Futures’ mission.
- Keep current on emerging trends, best practices, and research in the field of college guidance, retention and success.
- Ensure the clear and organized administration and management of data related to program implementation and evaluation. Maintain program records and prepare reports on program objectives, activities and outcomes.
Education and Experience Required:
- Master’s degree in education, social work, communications, or related field of study is required.
- Minimum of five years of experience in program leadership, cultivating professional relationships, and in developing educational programs, teaching, and/or training.
- Experience with supervising and leading a team.
- Experience with delivery of services to first-generation-to-college students.
- Excellent written and oral communications required including strong public speaking skills.
- Proven background in program evaluation and measurement.
- Familiar with the landscape of higher education, college access, and student success initiatives.
- Program management and project management skills.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Commitment to Philadelphia Futures’ Core Values (High Expectations, Focus, Respect, Adaptability, Accountability & Collaboration).
- Passion for working with first-generation-to-college, low-income students.
This is a full-time, exempt position and offers a competitive compensation/benefits package based on experience. This position reports to the Executive Director. Occasional evening and weekend hours required.
To apply, please visit: https://forms.gle/H9zwwxmECTKaH5pw9
For more information on Philadelphia Futures, visit our website: http://www.philadelphiafutures.org
Philadelphia Futures is deeply committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusiveness. Philadelphia Futures is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.