- Provide vision and direction for the CC program, including developing comprehensive orientation for new participants, collaborating with other staff to evaluate and adapt programming to achieve the best outcomes for students, developing relationships with external stakeholders that are beneficial to staff and students, and collaborating with college success staff on student transition to college.
- Manage the CC team of Coordinators as they provide comprehensive, individualized college access and admissions coaching to students in grades 11 to 12, monitor student progress, and communicate with families and volunteers.
- Manage a caseload and develop relationships with students; maintaining weekly individual contact to assure program responsibilities are met, documenting individual student compliance with program responsibilities, developing remediation plans, and communicating with students, families, and volunteers as needed.
- Collaborate with Associate Director of College Admissions to ensure students connect to opportunities for college exposure and meet program expectations related to the admissions process.
- Collaborate with Director of Academics to ensure student participation in classes, clubs, and activities, and to teach courses within a comprehensive college guidance curriculum as needed.
- Collaborate with the Director of Outreach and Engagement to assist with the CC admissions process.
- Collect and analyze program data, maintain student records, and prepare reports on students’ performance and program effectiveness.
- Collaborate with Event Planner to carry out College Access events including family programs, College Admissions Marathon, and Annual Conference.
- Lead the College Access staff in the delivery of Philadelphia Futures' direct service programs, College Connection, and Sponsor-A-Scholar, as well as the College Admissions and Academic offices.
- Oversee the development and implementation of strategies to meet overall programming needs for college guidance and academic support and enrichment.
- Evaluate program success, including the development and analysis of key metrics and data, and identify opportunities for continuous improvement in the programs' effectiveness.
- Support staff in the cultivation and maintenance of relationships with students, families, mentors, volunteers, and high school and college admissions personnel to ensure that students remain on track to college.
- Collaborate with the Director of Outreach and Engagement on the PF Admissions process.
- Coordinate with Director of College Success to ensure the continuity of support throughout the student lifecycle.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with school personnel, community partners, and academic institutions to develop and grow partnership relationships, and to help remove barriers to success.
- Identify and analyze trends in college access, admissions, and college readiness for use in College Access, Admissions, and Academics planning.
- Provide content for Philadelphia Futures publications, website, grant proposals, sponsor reports, and others.
- Serve as a member of the Management Team for Philadelphia Futures.
We are currently seeking a College Access Coordinator to join our SAS team. This role is a unique opportunity for a proactive, detailed-oriented individual to serve in a critical role in supporting low-income, first-generation-to-college students through high school and into college, with the goal that they graduate college career-ready and with manageable debt.
Significant responsibilities of this position include:
- Providing comprehensive support for students as they navigate the entirety of the college admission, financial aid, and matriculation processes
- Actively and regularly developing a research-based knowledge base of best practices with regard to college guidance for low income, first-gen students
- Maintaining weekly contact with students to assure and support student participation in required coursework and optional extracurricular activities; monitoring and providing resources for improved academic performance in students’ high schools; and providing individualized support/interventions as needed
- Meeting periodically with students, parents/guardians, mentors, and high school staff (as applicable) to support progress, and develop and implement individualized plans for college admission
- Maintaining records of student progress, activities, and other vital information
- Supporting adolescents in their social-emotional development
- Assisting with planning and implementation of program activities, including facilitating outreach presentations about college guidance, access, and success