Each SAS student is eligible to receive up to $6,000 to cover expenses that are directly related to college, but are not typically covered by financial aid. Such expenses may include costs associated with your text books, supplies, and transportation to and from school.
In order to receive your sponsorship funds, you must meet with an Office of College Retention and Success (OCRS) staff member during the winter and summer breaks. Students must bring the following documentation to their consultation meeting:
- Previous semester grades
- Upcoming semester course schedule
- Upcoming semester financial aid award
Students are responsible for contacting the Philadelphia Futures office at 215.790.1666, Ext. 410 or 1.800.538.5316 to schedule an appointment.
For consultations during the winter break:
- Call the OCRS office in early December to schedule your consultation appointment.
- Sponsorship checks will be first available at the Annual SAS Conference in early January.
For consultations during the summer break:
- Call the OCRS office in early June to schedule your consultation appointment.
- Sponsorship checks will be first available at the College Kick-off in August.
Look for specific information about scheduling consultations and receiving sponsorship funds in the monthly In The Know email newsletter.