Philadelphia Futures is a nonprofit organization that provides Philadelphia’s low-income, first-generation-to-college students with the tools, resources and opportunities necessary for admission to and success in college. We transform lives by breaking down the barriers that have historically excluded low-income, first-generation-to-college students from achieving college success. The students Philadelphia Futures serves are provided with a comprehensive, time-tested array of programs designed to reduce the institutional, academic, social and financial barriers to college success.
We are currently seeking an Academic Services Administrator to join our team. This position assists with the development, implementation, and assessment of a range of year-round academic programs that advance the college readiness of Philadelphia Futures high school students.
Significant responsibilities of this position include:
- Support the Director of Academics in the planning, implementation, management and oversight of our suite of year-round academic programs.
- Participate in the hiring, training and weekly support of instructors.
- Coordinate with College Access Program Administrator to manage and oversee after-school and summer tutoring program for students in grades 9-12.
- Handle administrative tasks to support the PF clubs program to develop all students’ academic skills. This includes all recruitment of and communication with outside facilitators, overall logistical support and teaching lessons as needed.
- Assist in the management and analysis of data, records and information that support the success of students in academic programming.
- Help to recruit, train and provide work to interns.
- Manage logistics for successful program implementation, such as renting classroom space, preparing materials, monitoring attendance, and overseeing closing presentations.
- Provide administrative support for the day-to-day operations of the Academics department.
The successful candidate for this position will possess the following experience, education, skills and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field of study is required
- Teaching and/or academic program management experience is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Expertise in project management.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Proficient in cloud–based curriculum and document management programs (Dropbox, Google Classroom, Thinkwave, ETO).
This is a full-time, exempt position and offers a competitive compensation/benefits package based on experience. The Academic Services Administrator will report to the Director of Academics. Occasional evening and weekend hours required.
To Apply: Please visit https://forms.gle/Viia4ryH4JrEkk6GA
Philadelphia Futures is deeply committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusiveness. Philadelphia Futures is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.